Spring break is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to break up the school year routine with a memorable experience for the whole family.
Whether your family craves an exciting adventure in the great outdoors or prefers the cozy comfort of home, we’re here to help you make this year’s spring break the best one yet.
5 Spring Break Adventures for the Whole FamilyAdventure vacation packages are a great way to have new experiences, bring the family together and discover amazing destinations. Here are 5 of our favorites:
- Guided bike or backpacking tour – A great way to get active and explore the outdoors. Guided cycling and hiking tours are available in a variety of places from Iceland to the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Scavenger hunt – Scavenger hunt vacations are a great interactive way to discover and explore a new place. Scavenger hunt companies can personalize the experience for your family’s needs.
- Ski resort – A ski resort getaway is a classic for a reason. With other activities available like sledding, ice skating or cozying up with a book and some hot cocoa, they truly offer something for every member of the family.
- Guest ranch – Enjoy horseback rides, country music, and mountain hikes at a Texas or Arizona dude ranch.
- Surf Camp – More than just riding waves, many family surf camps also offer yoga, hiking and other activities in beautiful destinations.
10 Fun Activities to Make Your Staycation MemorableThere’s no need to leave town (or even the house!) to have a fun-filled spring break. These 10 easy and inexpensive activities can help jumpstart your perfect staycation.
- Make a spring garden. Plant vegetables or flowers in the yard or in pots that the kids can decorate.
- Build a living room fort with pillows, blankets and cushions. Have a picnic or tell stories in your family fort.
- Have an at-home spa day. A quick trip to the drug store for some manicure products is all you need.
- Go for a hike and take photos of plants or insects to look up and identify later.
- Make bird feeders.
- Pitch a tent for a backyard campout.
- Spend the day at the park with kites, bikes, balls and a picnic.
- Invite friends over for a game day.
- Use sidewalk chalk to create an outdoor masterpiece.
- Plan a tea party with fresh baked cookies. Invite human or stuffed animal friends.