The Ultimate Spring Graduation Checklist
The excitement of spring graduation is in the air! And while this time is full of joy and anticipation for families of soon-to-be graduates, getting ready for the big day can also come with its share of stress.
Not to worry — a successful and memorable commencement is all about planning, and we’ve got the ultimate checklist to ensure that your big day goes off without a hitch.
3 Months Before Graduation:
Order your cap and gown – Your school will help you schedule a time to be fitted for the right size gown.
Book a photo session – Grad season is a busy time for photographers. Schedule your photo session well in advance to ensure you have your photos in time to send out your announcements and invitations.
Order announcements and invitations – Personalized announcements and invitations with your school’s logo are a great way to share the big event.
Commemorate your achievement with a class ring – A class ring can be a great emblem of your time spent in school that you can keep forever.
Shop Caps, Gowns, Tassels & More
6 Weeks Before Graduation:
Wrap up your school requirements - Make sure all projects and papers are finished, school-related fees are paid and graduation requirements are covered.
Announce your graduation and invite friends and family – It’s time to send out your announcements and invitations and let everyone know about your big achievement!
Get ready to party – If you plan to have a graduation party, take care of the details like the guest list, decorations and catering well in advance.
Follow these 4 easy guidelines for a stress-free celebration full of memories:
1. Prepare the things you’ll need the night before
- Cap, gown, tassel and other regalia
- Name card or other ceremony materials
- Graduation ceremony tickets
2. Double check the details
- Get directions to the ceremony venue and plan where to park
- Double check the graduate’s expected arrival time
- Plan to arrive early to get a good seat
3. Style it right
- Style your hair to look nice with your cap
- Choose a smart looking outfit for under your gown that is also comfortable as you’ll likely be sitting for hours
- Check the weather report, especially if your ceremony is going to be outdoors
- Keep in mind that you’ll be walking across the stage in front of a large group of people to get your certificate, so choose shoes that are comfortable and easy to walk in.
4. Enjoy the moment and make memories
- You can’t take too many photos! Have your camera ready to snap photos before, during, and after the ceremony.
- Remember to spend time celebrating with family (not just school friends)
- Whether a small get-together or a large gathering, a post-ceremony party is a great way to personalize your graduation celebration.
Preparing for graduation can feel like a whirlwind, but when the big day arrives, be sure to take it all in. It’s an incredible achievement and a memory you’ll have for a lifetime!